Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kerry[_2_] Kerry[_2_] is offline

Default Solver not working

On Dec 8, 6:58*pm, Herbert Seidenberg wrote:
Excel 2007
Yes, Goal Seek has only one variable,
but a workaround is iteration and RMS.
Illustrated that by adding two more columns.
Graphed it for visualization.
Solution has a range of values.http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.racks...12_07_09a.xlsm

Thanks, I'll take a look tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime, Ray
Koopman over at http://groups.google.com/group/sci.stat.math helped
showed me a good sigmoid function that allows me to keep my data as
continuous but get values to reach very close to 0 and 1 depending on
what side of the thresholds they're on. Excel Solver is still fussy
about this since it is highly non-linear but it at least gave me a
more optimized value than I had eyeballed. That said, I look forward
to going over your suggestion to possibly getting something easier on
Solver since I have to change these data values iteratively (i.e.
after each Solver optimization).

Thanks again,