Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe User[_2_] Joe User[_2_] is offline

Default Changing formating

"Kimti" wrote:
I have h:mm format in one cell, I would like to change the format to next
cell as number but keep the number

It is unclear what you want.

1. If B1 should be total time in minutes, stored as time (fraction of a
day):

B1: =A1

with Custom format "[m]" without quotes.

2. If B1 should be just the minutes, stored as time:

B1: =MOD(TRUNC(A1*1440),60)/1440

with Custom format "[m]" without quotes.

3. If B1 should be total time in minutes, stored as integer:

B1: =TRUNC(A1*1440)

with General format.

4. If B1 should be just the minutes, stored as integer:

B1: =MOD(TRUNC(A1*1440),60)

with General format

5. If B1 should have the string "required to have" followed by total time in
minutes:

B1: ="required to have " & TRUNC(A1*1440)

6. If B1 should have the string "required to have" followed by just the
minutes:

B1: ="required to have " & MOD(TRUNC(A1*1440),60)

I have h:mm format in one cell, I would like to change the format to next
cell as number but keep the number same for expample.

a b
0:21 required to have 21

Please help.