Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Build a sheet name in an Excel formula

Try this:

=INDIRECT("'Spend("&A19&")'!G14")

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 9, 1:04*am, Keith Howie wrote:
I have an Excel 2007 workbook with a summary page and a number of other sheets named sequentially as in Spend(1), Spend(2), Spend(3), etc. *On the summary sheet, I have a series of numbers, one per row, that correspond with the sheet numbers. *(1, 2, 3, etc.)
I am trying to build a formula that would exist on the summary sheet that would return the results of cell G14 from the applicable sheet. *(for the number 4, Spend(4), cell G14 or for the number 8, the results from sheet Spend(8), cell G14.
I have tried to build it as follows:
=?Spend(?&A19&?)!)&G14 (where A19 contains the reference number)
I also tried =Indirect(?Spend(?&A19&?)!?&G14)
Both of these return me a #REF error. *Can you help me get this right?

Easy ROT39 Encryption / Decryption Classhttp://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/65efb7c9-5638-4149-a70b-4...