Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MaryJC MaryJC is offline

Default Excel dates

I received an Excel file from a customer that has a date field where the
dates look like 7/13/2005 or 10/14/2005 - they all look the same and I've
tried applying the same format to all. However, if I try to use the
DATEVALUE function, it works on one portion of them and returns numbers like
38546 and 38639 which is what I want. Another whole portion that looks
identical returns the error #VALUE! - I cannot seem to figure out how or why
they are being handled differently. Thanks for any help!