Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fras_too fras_too is offline

Default Drop Down List Filters

I am trying to avoid using macros if possible. Is there an alternative that
anyone is aware of. Thank you Micky

"מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:

General Question - general answer:
You can use an Event Macro [WorkSheet_Change or WorkSheet_SlectionChange in
order to clear the other 2 cells and/or display, inside them, something like:
"Choose again" assuming those cells hold something like INDIRECT(XX).
Please understand that it is not easy - for me - to answer such a question
without the WB in front of me
Micky

"fras_too" wrote:

I've got a three tier dependent list set up for:
Division / Group / Line. (Thanks Debra Dalgliesh)

If a user selects a division, group and line there are no issues. However,
after selecting all three fields, I've had some users go back and change the
contents of the Division. When they do this - it makes the content of
Group and Line not make sense. Is there a way to 'blank out' the group and
line
lists if the division list is entered/changed? or to force the user to
re-enter group and line if division was changed.

thanks in advance