Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default part numbers auto-convert to dates

Pre-format the destination cells as TEXT.

Then, when you go to paste do Right clickPaste specialTextOk

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Tmonster" wrote in message
I have a long list of part numbers in XXXX-XX-XX format. When I paste them
into Excel, they are converted to dates XX/XX/XXXX and timestamp integer;
the
numbers are lost. How can I disable excel's auto-conversion?

The solution listed on this site is not an option for me. I can't spend
an
hour every day configuring file imports.

Try pasting this short list of part numbers into excel and watch what
happens...
4192-3-01
4192-3-02
4192-3-03