Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default INDEX and MATCH

Try this array formula** :

D2 = lookup value

=IF(D2MAX(A1:A10),"out of range",INDEX(B1:B10,MATCH(TRUE,A1:A10=D2,0)))

key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"PPL" wrote in message
Excel 2003:
I have a column of figures in ascending order (can't be reveresed)

I'm trying to use INDEX and MATCH to find a value that is MORE THAN or
equal to a lookup_value. (and then to pick an adjacent cell value)

MATCH works great to recover the LESS THAN or equal value.

Is there another formula that I should be using?
TIA

Phil