Don Guillett

Earl, Did you see my post?

Sub bottomborder()
ActiveCell.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).Weight = xlThick 'xlmedium or xlthin

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote in message
Dawn,

I guess I was overoptimistic in my description. There are some line

styles
presented in more than one thickness (the solid line), and variants of the
dashed line in varying thicknesses, but no independent thickness

selection,
per se.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Dawn" wrote in message
When I open up Format - Cells - Borders, there is no where in there to
choose
the line thickness. There is a styles, which gives me one thickness of
each
type of line style - where can I choose the thickness?

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

Dawn,

If you're using the toolbar buttons for borders, you have only the
choices
there, including the thicknesses. For custom bordering, try Format -
Cells - Borders. The general approach is to work that dialog box from
right
to left: Select the line styles, thicknesses, etc,. you want in the
right
side, then click in the left side to apply the current line style to

the
cells.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Dawn" wrote in message
In Word you can change the thickness of the line used in boarders -

but
can
not change the thickness in Excel. Is there any way to do this?
Thanks.