Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Inserting text in column dependant on another column

Formula or macro. Is the text inside other text
xxxxxxxINTxxxxx or by itself INT

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'm using Excel 2000 and am trying to extract data to display on a graph.
What I have is a string of text in capital that includes either INT, EXT
or INIT within it - When an instance is found INT, EXT or INIT is put into
the next column (same row).
i.e if text in A1 contains INT, INT will be written in B1

I've been wrestling with IF THEN ELSE to try to achieve this but I've got
nowhere :(

Can someone please help?

Dave