Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Copying formulas in Columns and transpose to rows?

Run this macro after selecting all cells with the relative references.

Sub Absolute()
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Selection
If Cell.HasFormula Then
Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
(Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsolute)
End If
Next
End Sub

Gord

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 06:55:01 -0800, Terri
wrote:

This works, however. I have 97 rows and 411 columns with a formula i.e.
=Tally!D10 in them. How can I convert them all to adbsolute without manually
entering the $ symbols in each cell i.e.=Tally!$D$10?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You can copy then paste specialtranspose but your cell references must
first be absolute.

=Tally!$D$10
=Tally!$D$11
=Tally!$D$12

Then you copy and transpose.

=Tally!$D$10 =Tally!$D$11 =Tally!$D$12

Or experiment with INDIRECT function.

Assuming your original formulas are in A1:A3

=INDIRECT("A"&COLUMN(A1)) entered in B1 and copied across will do same thing
as copy and transpose.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 14:05:01 -0800, Terri
wrote:

I have a 2007 worksheet that has formulas in a Column:
=Tally!D10
=Tally!D11
=Tally!D12

How do I transpose the formula columns to rows like:
==Tally!D10 =Tally!D11 =Tally!D12

Now when I copy and Paste special (Transpose) is translates like:
==Tally!D10 =Tally!E10 =Tally!F10

Which is not the data I need?

.