Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Eduardo Eduardo is offline

Default Macro to update a column in a work based on another work sheet

Hi,
I assume your case # in sheet1 is in column A, your status in sheet 1 in
column B, then in sheet 2 you have your case # in column c so in column D
enter

=INDEX($B$1:$B$1000,MATCH(C1,$A$1:$A$1000))

change range to fit your needs

"WickerMan" wrote:

My excel knowledge is enough to be dangerous.

I have two work sheets. Both have multiple columns and two of the
columns are then same on both work sheets.
Currently, I do all the updating by hand for these columns: case # and
status.

I really need a macro or a way to update the two columns on work sheet
2 based on what is in work sheet 1.

It woudl compare a case #s and then update the status column on work
sheet 2 to match the status in work sheet 1.

I see alot with vlookup, never used it.

Regards,
Jeb
.