Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default more than 15 numbers in a cell?

Once you convert numbers to text you can't perform calculations on that text.

Good luck,
Ryan---
--
Ryan---

"Pete_UK" wrote:

The only way you can retain all 20 digits is to treat the number as
text. If you can't format the cell to Text beforehand, then you can
enter the number with a preceding apostrophe, like so:

'01234567890123456789

The apostrophe will not show in the cell, but Excel will treat it as a
text value.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 3, 9:44 pm, Julie wrote:
I am working with account numbers that have more than 15 digits. I am
working with office 2003 and after the 15 numbers it automatically makes the
numbers I enter a zero. I can't format the column to text for another reason,
does anyone know how I can format that cell to show all 20 numbers that I
enter in one cell?

Thanks!!

.