Gina

Hi Harlan:
Thanks for the info. I was wondering if there was a way to sort among the
tabs without having to make one very long spreadsheet. I am guessing by your
answer that it is not possible to do this. I wanted to check before I
combined all tabs into one sheet.
--Gina

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

Phil wrote...
Gina, I haven't received a response yet, and I have been searching the web
and cannot find it. I imagine it will be some type of macro, but it is
outside my know how. If I get something I will let you know.

Consolidate all data onto a single worksheet, e.g., if you have data in
A1:D1000 in Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3, Sheet4, Sheet5 and Sheet6, copy
Sheet2!A1:D1000 and paste into Sheet1!A1001:D2000, copy Sheet3!A1:D1000
and paste into Sheet1!A2001:D3000, etc. Then sort the consolidated
range in Sheet1, and finally copy each 1000-row portion from row 1001
into the other worksheets and clear Sheet1!A1001:D6000. There's no
other practical way to do this.