Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
guy325 guy325 is offline

Default setting up conditional text input

Thanks Dave!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Watch Debra Dalgleish's video:
http://contextures.com/xlVideos06.ht...rmatOtherSheet

You'll make a list of regulars (or substitutes) and put that in column A of that
second sheet.

Then use the technique that Debra shares.

guy325 wrote:

Sorry, I'm a rookie. I have a roster of hockey players. 22 regulars and
many subs when regs are unavailable. When I type in subs names I would like
them to automatically be in red while the regulars remain in black.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Not enough information to make much of a guess, but see help on Conditional
Formatting.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 15:44:01 -0800, guy325
wrote:

I wish to creat a senario that when certain names from a list are typed
within a range of cells, that they appear in a given color

.

--

Dave Peterson
.