Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting

I think you'll find that the reason the quote marks were added was that you
forgot to start your formula input with an = sign. Excel takes your input
as being a text string adds the = and quote marks.
--
David Biddulph

"Pat999" wrote in message
The extra (") wre not keyed by me - they seem to be added after I closed
the
formatting window.

However, I manually removed them and it works fine - thanks.

"Max" wrote:

It should have worked fine
a. Did you use "Formula Is" option in the CF?
b. Look closely at your adapted CF formula:
="AND(D80,E8<""X"")"
It is NOT what I posted. There's additional double quotes (") all over
the
place. Go back into your CF "formula is" box, manually amend the above so
that it reads as:
=AND(D80,E8<"X")
Once again, I assure you that it should work fine for you.
Hit the right button, won't you?
--
Max
Singapore
"Pat999" wrote:
Tried that - no luck - my formula field in conditional formatting for
D8 now
reads ="AND(D80,E8<""X"")" and the format is to pattern color the
cell

D8 contains a value greater than zero, E8 is blank, but the cell D8 is
not
colored.