Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
smck smck is offline

Default Lines Between rows

Thank you Gord it worked beautifully--exactly what I wanted.

smck

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Sub InsertRows()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim NumRows As Integer
Dim r As Long
r = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
NumRows = InputBox("How many rows to insert?")
For r = r To 1 Step -1
ActiveSheet.Rows(r + 1).Resize(NumRows).Insert
Next r
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 20:33:01 -0800, smck
wrote:

Hi Jacob,
Thanks for your response. From your answer I realized I may not have
explained my request clearly. What I mean is inserting blank rows between the
rows of data, e.g.

123 456 678 875
345 823 230 985
123 832 910 330

needs to be:

123 456 678 875

345 823 230 985

123 832 910 330

Thanks

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

If you mean cell border; you can do that in one shot from menu
FormatCellsBorders.

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"smck" wrote:

I am working in Excel 2003 and need to insert lines sometimes one, two or 3
between rows with data. I am now doing it manually which is very tedious. Is
there a command or macro that can do this?

Thanks

.