Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SS SS is offline

Default format cells as zip code not working

I have selected a column, choose Format, Cells, Special, Zip Code, but some
of the cells continue to show up in error checking as "text". The
spreadsheet is thousands of rows long, and I do not want to have to go
through every single error to change text to number or zip. Why is the
formatting not changing all cells? (I am copying & pasting the rows that
have name/address/zip from another Excel spreadsheet I have - but I have
changed the formatting on the zip code column to zip code in that spreadsheet
as well to no avail).