Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
PatrickM PatrickM is offline

Default How to change series plotting order without changing legend or

Bernard, the popup menu doesn't have a 'Select Series' choice. It does have
a 'Source data' choice but that doesn't have the functionality you describe.

I recall earlier trying what you've described, where you can select a series
and click the up and down arrows, just can't remember at the moment how I got
there. But it didn't work anyway because in addition to changing the legend
order, it also changed which series were plotted on top of which, and I need
to avoid that. I have to change the legend without changing the plot, or
vice versa.

Thanks,
Patrick

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Right click the chart
Select Series Data fro popup menu
The Series Data dialog has two windows; in the larger one to the left you
will see the names of you data series listed
Select one of these and use the up/down arrow at the top of this window to
reorder the legend entries
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"PatrickM" wrote in message
My chart has four data series. They all plot as the same kind of line and
they all plot against the same axes. Series 1 - 4 must be listed in the
legend in that order top to bottom; however on the chart itself they must
be
superimposed on each other such that 4 is on the bottom and 1 plots on
top -
how do I force this? Excel defaults to plotting 1 on the bottom and 4 on
top.

In other words, Excel superimposes the series on the plot in the opposite
order it lists them in the legend. Is there a way to reverse this?

Thanks,
Patrick

.