Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Average Function that ignores zeros

What version of Excel are you using?

Will there be any negative numbers in the cells?

What result do you want to replace the error?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Frustrated by Averages"
wrote in message ...
Thanks again. One more question...Is there any easy way to hide a
"#DIV/0"
error? As the spreadsheet is populated it will go away, so this is more
viewing purposes while the spreadsheet is blank.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try..
=SUM(B10,B22,B34)/SUM(COUNTIF(INDIRECT({"B10","B22","B34"}),"0"))

--
Jacob

"Frustrated by Averages" wrote:

I am attempting to average three separate cells (B10, B22 and B34) and
ignore
any zeros that exist. Each cell contains a formula that is gathering
information from a pivot table. I need the average formula to ignore
any
zeros that may be in these cells when calculating the average.

I have tried many different formulas, but nothing seems to work. All
of the
solutions I have read related to this problem assume the cells are in a
continuous range (e.g. B10;B34).

Any help would be appreciated.