Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Help w/ SUMPRODUCT

Check your original post.

alh06 wrote:

I had great feedback when I was trying to figure out an equation for teh
following example:

Of the people in column 'A' who identified as a "2", what percentage also
identified as a "5" in column 'B'? --

And I received this equation from more than one person.
=sumproduct(--(a2:a99=2),--(b2:b99=5))

BUT, I am actually trying to find all the people in 3 columns who identified
as a "2" (lets say columns X,Y, and Z, rows 4 thru 100) who also identified
as a "5" in column E, rows 4:100.

When I only do one column, it works --
=sumproduct(--(W4:W100=2),--(E4:E100=5))
but when I add other columns, it does not.

How do I put that into the equation? I've tried a few different things, but
none are working. I get VALUE errors, NAME errors, and plain old "you did
something very wrong" errors. :) I don't know how to do multiple columns and
I don't know entirely where anything goes in regard to parenthesis and funny
dashes. :)

Thank you very much!

--

Dave Peterson