Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Bryan is offline

Default Creating a field to search and enter non duplicate data

Hello all.

I have a team of 15 pople that all work with reference numbers, on occasion
a number has to be sent to a different work group. I've created a spreadsheet
for them to enter the numbers into, but we have been duplicating numbers. I
want to create a field to enter th number into, have the field cross
reference the exsting numbers, and if it does not find a match, enter the
number and sort the list.

I know how to create a custom macro that will accomplish what I want to do,
but I'd prefer a static formula if it's possible.