Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default How to change series plotting order without changing legend order?

Hi,

Assuming you have a stacked line chart, in order to get the line
'superimposed'.
The plot order is reflected in the legend. Changing the order will fix the
legend but the lines will be in the wrong order within the chart.

Use additional cells and formula to calculate the cumulative values for each
series. You can then use the plot order to control the legend without
affecting the stacked order in the chart.

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"PatrickM" wrote in message
My chart has four data series. They all plot as the same kind of line and
they all plot against the same axes. Series 1 - 4 must be listed in the
legend in that order top to bottom; however on the chart itself they must
be
superimposed on each other such that 4 is on the bottom and 1 plots on
top -
how do I force this? Excel defaults to plotting 1 on the bottom and 4 on
top.

In other words, Excel superimposes the series on the plot in the opposite
order it lists them in the legend. Is there a way to reverse this?

Thanks,
Patrick