Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Access Joe Access Joe is offline

Default How to extract text from number/text cell

Thank you guys. Valko - I tried yours first and your function worked
beautifully. So I'm good to go. THANKS!

"T. Valko" wrote:

One way...

Assuming the numbers on the left are the only numbers in the string.

=MID(A1,SUM(LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,{0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},"")))+1,20 )

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Access Joe" wrote in message
Excel 2003 - how can I extract JUST the text from cells that contain
varying
lengths of numbers and text with no symbol or visible separator?
Examples:

182mg/dl
19cm
12938mgl
23854m
1mg/pl

What I would want in the above scenario is this
mg/dl
cm
mgl
mg/pl

Is there a way to do this? I've searched everywhere, but almost always
someone has a specific character they are using for the extraction. ANy
help
would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

.