Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Daryl S Daryl S is offline

Default Calculating hourly average from large data set

NRH -

You can use the database functions to calculate the counts and averages,
using the time fields for your criteria. Look at the help in Access for
DCOUNT, DAVERAGE, and Database in general.

--
Daryl S

"~~NRH~~" wrote:

I have a large set of traffic data (55000+ rows and 15 columns). Each row
contains the data of one vehicle passing through a survey location.

The columns include the time at which the vehicle passed the survey
location, it's velocity, a property called headway etc...

I would like to work out the average velocity and headway of the vehicles
passing through the survey location for each hour (remembering that the
number of vehicles and hence rows is different for every hour).

Any ideas?