Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
jmyers06 jmyers06 is offline

Default IRM Permission Disappeared in .xls file

I am having the same issue and have had it since the 18th of Nov. I
understand that this is not an Excel problem, but could someone please engage
an IRM engineer to come read the damn post and the many others that are out
there? This is a a real issue with a service that MS provides. The "trial"
bit is BS since I have been using the service for 3 or 4 years now. No, I do
not pay for it, but I do support MS when I purchase Win 7 Office 07 and all
the other rMS products I pay to use.

Pleas, please, PLEASE someone put this in the hands of the group that
supports this trial service.

I willl discontinue the use of this service as soon as I am able to unlock
the documents that I already have using it.

"Brian" wrote:

Hello,
I have a very important .xls file (created in Excel 2003) that I had
protected using my MS Passport account with IRM.
I have opened it many times in the past in both Excel 2003 and 2007.
Now, when I try to open it, I am told that I do not have credentials that
allow me to open this workbook, but that I can request updated permission
from MYSELF.
Of course, to update permissions, I need to be able to open the file in the
first place.
No other users that might have had permission can open the file either.
PLEASE HELP!
Thanks

.