Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Hans Terkelsen Hans Terkelsen is offline

Default autofill limits

"Candy" wrote in message ...
Excel autofill does not work with large numbers with text in front. I can
get it to work with the number smaller than MT800225000 but if it is larger -
MT800225000300, it will not sequence the numbers. Are there limitations to
the amount of text characters that will work? If so what are the alternatives?

Hi Candy.

Details are often interesting, thanks for showing this one.
One could guess that the limit was 2^32, 4294967296
and sure enough, the next fill after
SomeText4294967295 is
SomeText0

No elegant way around it, that I can find,
I would fill down X000300
and FIND/REPLACE X with MT800225

Hans T.