Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe User[_2_] Joe User[_2_] is offline

Default what does the "carat" character mean in Excel - answer

"Pete_UK" wrote:
it's probably something to do with the browser
that you use to access the newsgroups.

Hmm, I always thought it was simply yet-another thing that is wrong with the
MS Discussion Groups web interface, independent of the browser.

For example, using IE6 to respond to the original subject-only posting via
MSDG and Google Groups, I have no problem creating a response using GG. It
is only MSDG that fails.

I am unable to test my theory using Firefox because I cannot even log into
MSDG using FF.

(That might be an intermittent problem with the MSDG service. Now, I am
getting Service Unavailable errors with both IE6 and FF.)