Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JBeaucaire[_131_] JBeaucaire[_131_] is offline

Default Sumproduct - change criteria based on input choice

No, an IF/THEN method of nesting two different versions of the formulas is
the way to do this.

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB
(www.MadRocketScientist.com)

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"Steve" wrote:

I am using Sumproduct with three variables (Person, Product and Month).

I am using data validation lists for the end user to select the person,
product and month. I would like to be able to add a "Total" to the person
list so that when the end user chooses "Total" and a product and month that
the Sumproduct would only use the two other criteria (Product and Month) and
be able to see the totals of those criteria for all Persons.

I know I could nest IF THEN statements with the Sumproduct, but is there a
better way???

Appreciate the help!