Default Corrupted Excel file - but on only one machine?

Background:
-----------

I was tinkering with a larger Excel file on a network drive (~7 MB) and
tried to run a macro that wasn't there (using keyboard shortcut of Ctrl-D).
Obviously, nothing happened. In response, I tried to create a new tab (Excel
seemed to be doing this, but it failed three times; no new tab appeared). I
then figured it was time for a computer reboot.

After rebooting, I tried to open the aforementioned file, only to be met
with the 'Error - Send Error Report' dialog. Repeated attempts to open this
file yield the same results. I tried rebooting again, but the results
remained the same.

TWIST #1:

Another computer in our office was able to successfully open this file. I
had them create a copy of it, figuring I could get into that one & trash the
original. However, I get the same crash/error dialog when trying to open
that file.

TWIST #2:

I am able to open other Excel files, both on my local HD as well as some in
the same folder where the problem Excel file resides.

So, is anyone familiar with a problem such as this? Obviously, there appears
to be something about this file now & my work computer that refuses to let
me open it on my work machine.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

--
---