Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Selcting data from table without repeating plus calc's

In cell C2 enter the below formula
=SUM($B$2:B2)

If it is from cell C1
=SUM($B$1:B2)

"QChris" wrote:

Hi

Really need some help with this!

I have a table where the qty are manually entered and the sections are
selected from a pull down menu. Col D, F, H and J are the same pull down
menues.

Col B Col D Col E Col F Col G Col H Col I Col J Col K
qty section length section length section length section length

5 A 2200 B 1800 B 2000 C 654
3 I 2200 B 1800 G 1587 C 254
7 A 2200 B 2100 B 2000 C 300
30 F 2200 B 1800 G 2000 C 254
etc.

I'm trying to look at the "section" data and where it finds a section name
it then finds the length in the column next to it. That combination (i.e.
section A at 2100mm long) is then multiplied by the appropriate "qty" value
in corresponding row in column B. I would like it to find all the same
criteria to give a total (i.e. all the "section A" at a length of 2100 in the
table. Each "new" length for each section shoul list automatically.

Col I Col J
SECTION 1
Total parts 51 (i've got this formula)
length qty
2100 32
569 10
235 3
234 6
etc.

I have manually enterred the 2100, 32 etc above to show the results
required. I am trying to learn the excel formula's (with a lot of good help
from this site) but any suggestion of macro's will lose me! I would copy
across these 2 columns to suit each section type I have.

Really, really appreciate help on this!