Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ms-Exl-Learner Ms-Exl-Learner is offline

Default convert text to formula using VLookup

Just Confirm what is the value is present on B Column? Or provide some B
Column Values for examples.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"VickiMc" wrote:

My question;
I've seen somewhere that you can convert a text string into a formula using
the INDIRECT Function.

What I am constructing is a maintenance Schedule where some items need to be
serviced on a weekly basis, others monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, and
yearly. (Those are the only five rotations I require at the moment.) Once
constructed the format will take on the appearance of a calendar with
conditional formatting to highlight the dates the service falls on.

Each of the rotations require (I think) different formulas, so what I want
to do is have a list of the five different formulas minus the "=" sign in a
lookup table, then have it concatenate in the relevant cell as a formula.

EG in D7 if C7 contains "Weekly" then I want it to lookup the formula table
in A1:B5, find "Weekly" in ColA and return the corresponding formula in ColB
appended with an "=" sign to create a Formula.

FYI the formulas are working on dates, ie, depending on whether the result
falls between a period start date and a period end date determines whether or
not the result is displayed.

Regards
Vicki