Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Dealing with blank cells

Hi Victoria

<<I hope it's OK to ask 2 questions on the same day!

You are most welcome.

<<I'm looking for a formula I can drag down in column C that sums the
<<B value (if it exists) and the first A value

Try the below formula in C1 and copy down.
=IF(B1,LOOKUP(10^10,A$1:A1)+B1,"")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Victoria" wrote:

hi again - I hope it's OK to ask 2 questions on the same day! This problem
is related to the one I posed earlier, but more general.

Let's say a sheet has 3 columns. Columns A and B contain numbers, but there
are also varying numbers of blank cells. I'm looking for a formula I can
drag down in column C that sums the B value (if it exists) and the first A
value encountered on the same row or above. Here is a sample.

A B C
6 1 7
7 13

3 9
8
4 12

2 10
7 3 10

What drag-down formula can I use in Column C?
I'm really knew at this, and I'm grateful for any clues.
Victoria