TheRobsterUK

Sounds promising but I failed to mention that the tank sizes in the
"Range of Tank Sizes to Simulate" table can be changed by the user, so
the values I posted aren't static.

Would this affect the method you suggested?

*Edit*

Actually, one approach I thought might work is using the HLOOKUP
function to find the next smallest value, but then tell Excel to look
one column to the -right- which (I think) should give the answer I
want. I don't know how I would code for this though.......

Maybe use the OFFSET function somehow? E.g. get the cell reference that
the HLOOKUP function refers to, then OFFSET one cell to the right and
get that value instead?

Cheers
-Rob

--