Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default how can i open a second workbook using a vba code

What happens when you try it?

Do you have macros enabled?

Are you sure that the data.xls file exists in the drive/folder you specified?

How are you opening the workbook that opens the data.xls workbook?

uk wrote:

i have tried all the codes that you have suggested and i still cant get it to
work

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Include the drive and path, too:

Workbooks.Open("c:\my folder\my other folder\data.xls")

(change as appropriate)

uk wrote:

this is a code from MACROS MADE EASY

Sub Workbook_Open()
Workbooks.Open("data.xls")
End Sub

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Not if you did not add more to it.

Show us the code you tried that does not work.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 09:20:01 -0800,
uk
wrote:

hi i have tried the code that you recommended but i cannot get it to work

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

dim wkbk2 as workbook
set wkbk2 = workbooks.open(filename:="c:\somefilename.xls")

uk wrote:

--

Dave Peterson
.