Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
trip_to_tokyo[_3_] trip_to_tokyo[_3_] is offline

Default Link documents

Hi Bogi.

1. I set up 2 files in EXCEL 2007:-

c:\excel\microsoft\Bogi_1.xlsx

c:\excel\microsoft\Bogi_2.xlsx

2. In Bogi_1 in cell A1 I put the following:-

this is cell a1

I save the file.

3. In Bogi_2 in cell A1 I put the following:-

='C:\excel\microsoft\[Bogi_1.xlsx]Sheet1'!$A$1

This will pull in the text:-

this is cell a1

4. I now close both files.

5. I now reopen:-

Bogi_1.xlsx

- and change cell A1 to read:-

this is NOT cell a1

I save the change and close the file.

6. I now reopen:-

Bogi_2.xlsx

Towards the top of the screen the following appears:-

Security Warning Automatic update of links has been disabled Options . . .

7. I single left hand click on the:-

Options . . .

- button in the above Security Warning and select:-

Enable this content (by putting a green dot in that option) then hit OK.

8. Cell A1 now correctly changes to read:-

this is NOT cell a1

Bogi_1.xlxs is CLOSED at this point.

Everything is working correctly as far as I can see.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"Bogi" wrote:

I have a document that gets info from another document. My problem is that
the document dosenĀ“t update until I open the referance document. Can somone
help how to update without open the refernce excel document

Thanks