Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Simon Murphy[_2_] Simon Murphy[_2_] is offline

Default Excel starts very slowly

Did you download the compatibility pack to open that xlsm in XP?
If so try uninstalling it (add/remove programs - compatibility)

Did you try running Excel from the command prompt:
winstartrunexcel /s /automation

This starts it without most add-ins etc

Failing that make sure you have no COM in the cOM add-ins dialog. You
should also check your registry (HKCU and HKCM branches for COM addins)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\ Addins\

and the same in KEY_CURRENT_MACHINE, I think
Close Excel, make sure loadbehavior is set to 0 (zero) not loaded, then
restart Excel

Cheers
Simon
Excel development website: www.codematic.net

THIBUS Trévis wrote:
Hi Everybody.

On a Windows XP computer with Office XP, I have this problem since a
couple of days.
When I launch Excel, it starts SOOOOOO slowly (between 1 and 2 minutes).
Once launched, no problem, I can open spreadsheets very quickly (2 sec).
It is the same thing if I try to open a spreadsheets when Excel is
closed befo need to wait about 1 to 2 minutes...
In fact, the problem seems really to be to launch Excel.

This problem happened after somebody sent me a xlsm file. I couldn't
opent it. But there's probably a link ?

I checked my macro: everything is disabled; and the problem is the same
with my AV disabled.

I really do not see.

Please, if you have any idea, don' hesitate.

Best regards,
Trévis