Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Prob an easy one: How do i copy a formula EXACTLY as it is

Sorry, I referred to C9, but your formula is in G9.

Pete

On Nov 26, 11:44*pm, Pete_UK wrote:
The formula in C9 could be changed to this:

=COUNTIFS('FNB HR'!$O:$O,$A$9,'FNB HR'!$B:$B,"FNB")

and then you can copy this to N9 and it will not change, so you can
then add the final part to it.

Note that if you want to copy the formula down, so that on row 10 it
will refer to cell A10, then you should omit the $ in front of the 9,
i.e. $A9.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 26, 7:04*pm, ant1983 wrote:

Oh damn well now i wished i used my actual formula :) *Used that one for
simplicity but have no idea how to apply that to mine so can you help me out?
:)

So it looks like this:

In cell G9 it is: * * * * * * *=COUNTIFS('FNB HR'!O:O,A9,'FNB HR'!B:B,"FNB")
In cell N9 it should be: *=COUNTIFS('FNB HR'!O:O,A9,'FNB HR'!B:B,"FNB",'FNB
HR'!Q:Q,"Yes")

etc...

So basically what i do now is i double click G9, then copy the actual
formula text, then double click N9 and paste it and hit enter and then i just
kinda add that last bit manually :)

*gulp*

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:
Use absolute referencing

=$A$1+$A$2

Below are the different reference styles. *

A1 Relative referencing. Both column and row will change if you copy or drag
the formula.
$A1 The column reference is fixed and will not change
A$1 The row reference is fixed and will not change.
$A$1 Column and row reference are fixed.

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"ant1983" wrote:

Scenario:

A1 + A2 = A3

so in A3 i have "=A1+A2"

So if i want to copy that formula in lets say B3 then it would adapt the
reference so it would ready "=B1+B2"

I dont want that - how can i keep that original refernces wherever i copy
the formula?- Hide quoted text -