TheRobsterUK

Default VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP Question

Hi,

I am trying to get Excel to look up a certain value from a small table
of values and have tried using the VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP functions but can't
get them to do exactly what I want. Here is how the spreadsheet looks:

Recommended Tank Size: 4400 litres

Range of Tank Sizes Available (litres):
1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000, 10000

Basically their is an algorithm which calculates the "Recommended Tank
Size" and then Excel is supposed to look up the nearest but next
-largest- value from the "Range of Tank Sizes Available" table.

The problem I am having is that the VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP function only
returns the next -smallest- value. This seems to be a hard coded
feature and I can't change it. I also tried listing the tank sizes in
reverse (descending) order but this just produces and error.

Can anyone think of a way to get Excel to look up the next largest
figure from the data table rather than the nearest smallest?

Cheers
-Rob

--
TheRobsterUK