Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sexy Devil[_2_] Sexy Devil[_2_] is offline

Default Difficult formula required.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to look

Column A will only have X, Y, Z or V

Column B will be just the day Mon, Tues... unless it is possible to have a
formatted date in there & the formula can extract the actual day.

Some questions:
#1 - Can column A have anything in it other than V, X, Y and/or Z ? i.e.,
could it have B or R or something else?
#2 - exactly what's in column B? Is it text as "Sat" or "Saturday", or is
it actually a date that you've formatted to show the day of week for?

I'm not saying I can do this, but knowing this information will make the
odds of coming up with a solution better.

"Sexy Devil" wrote:

I have been told by my excel guru that I cant have the following info in one
formula. Using Excel 2003
Is this true people? Many thanks for thinking about it. X
What I am after is;

If cell A is "X or Y or Z" & cell B is Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs or Fri then
multiply cell E by £15.00 but
If cell A is "X or Y or Z" & cell B is "Sat" then multiply cell E by £20.00
but
If cell A is "X or Y or Z" & cell B is "Sun" then multiply cell E by £25.00
but
If cell A is "V" & cell B is "Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs or Fri" & cell C between
00:01 & 08:00 (time) then multiply cell E by £10.00 & cell D by £5 but
If cell A is "V" & cell B is "Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs or Fri" & cell C between
08:01 & 18:00 (time) then multiply cell E by £12.00 but
If cell A is "V" & cell B is "Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs or Fri" & cell C between
18:01 & 23:59 (time) then multiply cell E by £10.00 & cell D by £5.