Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Keeping references while changing worksheets

Select all cells with formulas in sheet "Y"

EditReplace

What: =

With: ZZZ

Replace all.

Delete sheet "X"

Insert new sheet named "X"

Reverse the editreplace.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 18:33:36 GMT, "batu" <u56474@uwe wrote:

Suppose I have an excel workbook with two sheets X and Y.

In X I have a set of data in columns A and B,
1 4
2 5

In Y I want to perform calculations on the data in A,
In cell Y!A1 I have "=X!A1+X!B1", etc.

What I would like to do is delete worksheet X, with the formulas in Y locked
and still refering to X, and insert and new worksheet, rename it X, and have
Y perform the calculations on the new data.

Unfortunately, when I delete X, I get =#REF!A1+#REF!B1 in Y, and can't
recover the reference to worksheet X.

Any suggestions?

Thanks