Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default any special trick to opening up corrupt XLS files

In other previous posts some people have reported that they have been
able to recover corrupt files using Open Office - available as a free
download from OpenOffice.org.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 25, 3:00*pm, Hillary wrote:
Hi There,

Can anyone shed some light on this? *Please and thanks

"Hillary" wrote:
I have Excel 2007 SP2 on XP SP3 and I get clients that have corrupt xls files
quite a bit. *I tried the open "fix and repair" function and opening up xls
in safe mode but I am not able to open the file.

Is there a trick I am missing? OH and I scanned for viruses and nothing.. *
These are uncomplicated XLS files with no formulas - just data.

Please and thanks- Hide quoted text -