dc

Thank you for that, im not sure its working or I have done it correctly
could i send u some data to explain what I mean ?

regards

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
In an adjacent column, and assuming that the name is in column A, version

in
F, add this formula

=F1=MAX(IF($A$1:$A$1000=A1,$F$1:$F$1000))

it is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

Copy the formula down for all relevant rows.

Filter Column F (DataFilterAutofilter), select a value of False, then
delete visible rows.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"dc" wrote in message
I have a sheet with many rows and i need to filter out old versions of

the
row in questions,

example

Mr Smith blah blah aaa bbbb cccc 1
Mr Smith blah blah bbb ccccc 2
Mr Smith aaa bbbb ccc 3

In other words each row is a version on what ever im looking at, How do

get rid of the old versions i.e. number 1 and number 2 and keep version

3
??

Hope this explains it ok

regards