Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
NonTechie NonTechie is offline

Default Change gradient color in chart for Excel 2007

Thanks, Andy. By the way, I really appreciate the Pattern Fills Add-In you
developed. I use it a lot.

Now, I am still stuck on the gradient. When I do what I think you said, the
defalult blue color is still in the middle. I select Stop 1 and choose a
color. That fills up the top part of the bar with the original soft blue
still in the bottom. Then I select Stop 2 and choose a color. That overwrites
the first color at the top, and the soft blue is still in the bottom of the
bar. I try different stop positions and that just seems to mix everything up.

When I try a single color, I do not find plotarea colour anywhere in the
list of colors, as you suggest. I still get a muddled mixture when I try
different stop positions.

So... I still don't know what to do to produce a gradient of a single color
of my choosing or a gradient of two colors of my choosing.

Maybe you have another add-in that "restores" Excel 2003 gradients like you
did for pattern fill.

Thanks in advance for any help.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

After selecting gradient you need to change the 2 stop colours.
Select Stop1 and use the Color: dropdown to change the top half of column.
Select Stop2 and use the Color: dropdown to change the bottom half of the
column

For as single colour gradient you will need to set Stop2 to plotarea colour.

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"NonTechie" wrote in message
I have Excel 2007. I want to have a gradient color for a chart. I go to
Format Chart Area and click Gradient fill and get a nice single color blue
gradient from light blue to white. I want to have a single color gradient
but
with a different color. The help menu talks about gradient stops, so I
tried
that, but when I use them with a different color, the blue is still on
part
of the chart. I really do not understand the gradient stop business. I
just
want to have a single color gradient with a color of my choice or a
two-color
gradient with two colors of my choice. I used to be able to do this with
ease
with Excel 2003, but can't figure out how to do it with Excel 2007. Any
help
would be most welcome.

.