Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Calculating the 95% confidence inteval of a slope

1) Using Analysis ToolPac Regression tool. See
http://www.jeremymiles.co.uk/regress...pendix2/excel/
http://www.stat.wmich.edu/s216/book/node128.html

2) With LINEST and/or STEYX. See
quote:The STEYX function calculates the standard error of a regression, a
measure of the amount of error accrued in predicting a y for each given x.
This function takes the form =STEYX(known_y's, known_x's). If we apply this
function to the worksheet shown in Figure 3, the formula =STEYX(B2:B19,
A2:A19) returns a standard error value of 12.96562.
end quote

3) If you have the stomach for YouTupe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rm8W-c6Xko

best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"seeker" wrote in message
As a low key user, I can calcualte the slope of a line from the x and y
values, but I don't know how to determine how good the estimate is. Can
someone help?
--
Seeker