Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JBeaucaire[_131_] JBeaucaire[_131_] is offline

Default Bulk Discount Formula

Use a VLOOKUP() against a table you create elsewhere on your sheet. List the
values in ascending order for each price.

1......$10
30.....$8
60.....$7
80.....$6
100...$5

Press F1 and readup on VLOOKUP(), you'll see how it solves your problem
readily. If you entered QTY in A1 and had your table in columns M and N, the
formula would look like:

=VLOOKUP(A1, $M$1:$N$20, 2, 0)

Does that help?
--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB
(www.MadRocketScientist.com)

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"dgold82" wrote:

I am looking for a business formula: Basically, I am trying to figure out the
best bulk discount per unit as possible to maximize profit.

For example: 10 units would sell for $10 dollars each. 100 units would sell
for $5 dollars each.

If I left a cell blank for units and put it 59 I want excel to calculate
what the cost would be based on the above range ($10 - $5) on a sliding scale
for discount. This might be simple but I am having a hard time wrapping my
brain around the formula.

Thank!.