Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Telford Tom[_2_] Telford Tom[_2_] is offline

Default Conditional Formats XL2007

Sorry, it must be me. This didn't work, things just went straight to Red even
though they're not out of date. In the formula =TODAY()-A1=90 should I be
typing anything in between the brackets?

Telford Tom

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

1. Select the cell/Range (say A1:A10). Please note that the cell reference A1
mentioned in the formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell
will have a white background even after selection

2. From menu FormatConditional Formatting
3. For Condition1Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula
=TODAY()-A1=90

4. Click Format ButtonPattern and select your color (say Red)
5. Hit OK

PS: If you are using XL2007 Goto Home tabStylesConditional
FormattingManage rulesNew ruleUse a formula to determine which cells to
format. Enter the formula in the box below.

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Telford Tom" wrote:

Hi,
Not sure if I need conditional formatting or a formula for the following:

If I put a date into a spreadsheet I'd like it to change colour after a set
number of days to warn me that it's now time expired. ie 01 Dec should turn
RED after 90 days to show that time's up!

Any help will be gratefully received

Telford Tom