Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
obicanubi obicanubi is offline

Default IRM Permission Disappeared in .xls file

I have the same problem starting on 11/18/2009 - I tried to open a number of
files that were protected with my live passport. One of them was opened
everyday, being that it holds passwords. I had a saved image of a virtual
machine with one of my protected file in it. I booted that one, there is no
way something changed from 2 weeks ago and the auto updates are not on in
that VM. When I opened the file I got the same issue. The issue is that
something changed in the IRM server where Office connects to check the
credentials against. To sum it up, Microsoft took my access to my own files.
I don't like the situation I'm in right now.

"Rodrigo Martensen" wrote:

Daisy,

The only update I received before November 18th was the Definition Update
for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.69.995.0), but it run a few
minutes earlier than my last use of my protected excel file (it run 8:02 a.m.
and my last access to my excel file was 8:30 a.m.). Is It possible that this
caused caused problems after reboot?

I don't think so...