Earl Kiosterud

SBB,

Why not let it go in as hours:minutes, even though it means minutes:seconds?
The values will be 60 times what they should be, but they'll look like they
should. If you'll be doing any math on them, divide by 60 to correct for
this, e.g.: =SUM(B2:B20/60), entered as an array formula (press
Ctrl-Shift-Enter instead of Enter). This will work only when your
disallowing hours to roll to days, as you were with the original [mm]:ss.
Just change it to [hh]:mm.

I think this is what RagDyer was saying too.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Lady Luck" <Lady wrote in message
I am formatting a game sheet for sports events. Time should be entered as
mm:ss which I have "custom" fomatted as [mm]:ss. However I cannot find a
way
to force Excel to read an entry such as 07:28 as 7 minutes and 28 seconds.
It
always assumes the user is entering hours and minutes.
Thanks for any help
SBB