Lady_luck

Thank you Ragdyer. This is not a bad idea. However doing stats such as
counting goals per period doesn´t work anymore with

COUNTIF(Gamepage!O9:P31;"20:00"&"<=40:00")

Even adding an extra set of :00 is not helping for some reason.

cheers

"Ragdyer" wrote:

60 seconds = 1 minute
60 minutes = 1 hour

They both the same "numeric" value.

Since you're locking the minutes to prevent the roll-over to hours,
How about *USING* hours and minutes, and lock the hours to prevent the
roll-over to days?
[hh]:mm

You'll get *exactly* the same display, and your data input will be much
easier then having to enter 0 hours + minutes + seconds.
--
HTH,

RD

"Lady Luck" <Lady wrote in message
I am formatting a game sheet for sports events. Time should be entered as
mm:ss which I have "custom" fomatted as [mm]:ss. However I cannot find a

way
to force Excel to read an entry such as 07:28 as 7 minutes and 28 seconds.

It
always assumes the user is entering hours and minutes.
Thanks for any help
SBB