Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Vlookup found two similar values

Please note that this is an array formula. You create array formulas in the
same way that you create other formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to
enter the formula. If successful in 'Formula Bar' you can notice the curly
braces at both ends like "{=<formula}"

Apply this formula and copy down as required. Thiw will return matching
values of 'Site A' from Sheet1 ColB ..Change the text string within the
formula to a cell reference to suit your requirement

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000,"Site A")<ROW(A1),"",
INDEX(Sheet1!B$1:B$1000,SMALL(IF(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$10 00="Site A",
ROW($A$1:$A$1000)),ROW(A1))))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Rechie" wrote:

When vlooup found two similar values, it always get the first one.
I have the same two values in File 1 but two have two different equivalent
values in File 2

File 1 File 2

Site A Site A=Primary
Site A Site A=Secondary

Results
Site A = Primary
Site A = Primary ? Should be = Secondary

How could I make a formula that the second value should be the also the
second value found in File 2.

Thanks.